Where to stay at Lake Garda – Your Guide for 2023 -2024
Here are some of the best places where to stay at Lake Garda:
Sirmione – This charming peninsula town makes a great base with its central location, atmosphere, sights and amenities. Stay near the Castello Scaligero for amazing lake views and easy access to boats/ferries. Here are our Best Places where to Stay at Lake Garda advices
Here are some of the main accommodation options available in Sirmione:
- Hotels – Sirmione has a range of hotels from 3-star to luxury 5-star. Many hotels have beautiful lake views, pools, and are located near the historic center. Some options include Hotel Eden, Grand Hotel Terme, and Hotel Garda.
- Bed & Breakfasts – There are cozy, affordable B&Bs located in townhouses and villas throughout Sirmione. They offer an authentic Italian experience with hosts who provide recommendations.
- Camping/RV parks – For budget travelers, Sirmione has campgrounds that accommodate both tents and campers/RVs. Major parks include Camping Colombare and Camping Bella Italia.
- Holiday rentals/apartments – You can rent holiday homes or apartments for self-catering stays around Sirmione through owners, agencies, Airbnb, etc. Great for families or longer visits. Die besten Unterkünfte am Gardasee
- Agriturismo farms – Unique option to stay on a working Italian farm growing olives, peaches or other crops. Offer rural charm and home-cooked meals.
- Hotels – Upscale hotels like the Aquaria Thermal Spa Resort or 4-star Hotel Marconi suit couples seeking luxury stays with lake views, pools and elegant rooms.
With its tourist infrastructure, Sirmione has abundant accommodation choices suitable for all budgets and needs – from campgrounds to 5-star hotels and holiday rentals.
Riva del Garda – Right on the lake with stunning mountain backdrops, Riva del Garda has accommodations ranging from luxury hotels to budget options. Stay in the pedestrian old town area is one of the Best Places where to Stay at Lake Garda.
Find if its cold or warm in October at Lake Garda
Here are some of the main accommodation options available in Riva del Garda:
- Hotels – Riva del Garda has a range of mid-range to upscale hotels located alongside the lake and pedestrian streets. Good options include Hotel Du Lac et Du Parc, Hotel Sole Riva, or Hotel Flora.
- Bed & Breakfasts – Charming, affordable B&Bs like Villa Nicolli, Al Pescatore, and La Finestra Sul Lago provide a cozy, intimate stay with warm Italian hospitality.
- Camping – For budget travelers, there are campgrounds in Riva del Garda and just outside town that accommodate both tents and RVs/campers. Try Camping Parco del Garda.
- Holiday rentals – A popular option, holiday flats and apartments can be rented around town through owners or agencies. Great for self-catering.
- Agriturismo farms – Get a taste of rural life by staying on farms in the Riva del Garda area that produce olives, grapes, peaches and more. Best Places to Stay at Lake Garda for agriturismo farms
- Youth hostels – Hostels like Benacus and Alto Garda are ideal for backpackers and younger travelers, with cheap dorm-style rooms and shared facilities.
With its scenic setting and popularity, Riva del Garda offers abundant lodging choices from luxury hotels to budget-friendly apartments and campsites near the lake.
Gardone Riviera – Home to the elegant Vittoriale estate, Gardone Riviera features gracious hotels with classic Italian architecture and lush gardens along the lakefront promenade.
Here are some top lodging options in Gardone Riviera:
- Hotels – Elegant historic hotels like Grand Hotel Gardone, Hotel Florence, and Hotel Corona dwell right on the lakefront promenade. Offer old world charm and fine dining.
- Bed & Breakfasts – Smaller B&Bs provide cozy stays in Italian villa homes. Popular picks include Casa Vacanze San Carlo, Villa Razzaboni, and B&B La Torretta.
- Holiday Rentals – Self-catering apartments of all sizes can be rented around Gardone through local agencies or sites like Airbnb and VRBO. Die besten Unterkünfte am Gardasee
- Camping – The Garda Lake Camping resort features tent pitches, caravans and bungalows on grassy grounds with amenities. Budget-friendly option.
- Agriturismo Farms – Unique resorts like Le Dimore Del Lago are located on outlying farms, surrounded by nature and offering fresh cuisine.
- Spa Hotels – Upscale spa hotels like Lefay Resort and Grand Hotel Fasano offer ultimate luxury with pools, fine dining, wellness centers and sleek rooms.
From affordable apartments and campsites to ultra-luxury palace hotels, Gardone Riviera appeals to all budgets for an authentic Italian getaway. Stays with lake views are highly desirable.
Limone sul Garda – Quaint town praised for its sleepy village charm and lemon groves rising from the lake. Family-run hotels and cozy apartments are available.
Here are some top lodging options to consider when staying in Limone sul Garda:
- B&Bs – Small, family-run B&Bs offer cozy accommodations in historical buildings with lake views. Popular spots are La Cascata sul Garda, Villa Adelaide, and Locanda Antares.
- Holiday Rentals – Self-catering apartments and villas can be rented along the hillsides and lemon groves overlooking the lake. Great for extended stays.
- Hotels – Mid-range hotels like Hotel Royal Village Limone and Hotel Du Lac provide modern rooms and amenities with seaside access or views.
- Agriturismo Farms – For a taste of rural life, farms like Agriturismo La Fattoria offer charming farmhouse stays with home-cooked meals.
- Camping – Limone has scenic lakefront campgrounds that accommodate both tents and campers, like Campeggio Punta Navene and Camping San Francesco.
- Villas – High-end historic villas like Villa Signolini and Villa Vescovo suit families or groups seeking an exclusive stay with luxury details.
With its small-town charm and sublime setting, lodging options in Limone range from friendly B&Bs to grand lake view villas ideal for soaking up the scenery.
Gargnano – This small lakefront town offers an authentic Italian feel away from crowds. Find lakeside rooms, rental apartments, agriturismo farms and campgrounds.
Here are some top lodging options in the town of Gargnano on Lake Garda:
- Holiday Rentals – Being a small, local town, Gargnano has many apartments, villas and vacation homes for rent by owner or through agencies. Great for families or longer stays.
- B&Bs – Quaint bed & breakfasts like La Pergola, Villa Danesi Colombardi, and Dimora Alice offer homey stays and gracious hosts in historic buildings.
- Hotels – Mid-range hotels in town or along the lakefront provide nice amenities, like Hotel Villa Florida, Du Lac et Du Parc Grand Resort, and Lefay Resort & SPA.
- Campgrounds – For budget travelers, camping grounds allow affordable lakeside stays for tents and RVs, like Campeggio Fornella and Campeggio San Francesco.
- Agriturismo – Unique farm resorts in the area’s olive groves and vineyards combine rural charm with fresh cuisine, like Agriturismo Cascina Capuzza.
- Villa Rentals – High-end villas like Villa Aminta and Villa Gaia feature exclusive amenities for group rentals seeking luxury on the lake.
Off-the-beaten-path Gargnano appeals through its serenity, natural scenery and local flavor. Lodging ranges from rental apartments in town to lavish villas tucked into the hillsides.
Malcesine – Convenient for the cable car up Monte Baldo, Malcesine has hotels, resorts, B&Bs and rental apartments with lake or castle views.
Here are some top lodging options to consider when visiting Malcesine on Lake Garda:
- Hotels – Mid-range hotels like Hotel Castello, Hotel Aurora, and Hotel Germania are located near the castle, lake, and cable car to Monte Baldo. Offer nice amenities.
- Holiday Rentals – Numerous holiday apartments of various sizes can be rented throughout town for self-catering stays, some with beautiful lake views.
- B&Bs – Charming bed & breakfasts like La Finestra Sul Lago, Al Sogno, and B&B Al Terrazzo provide cozy rooms and warm hospitality.
- Campgrounds – Budget-friendly camping grounds like Camping Italia and Camping La Cappuccina sit right on the lake for tent camping and RVs.
- Agriturismo Farms – Stay on a scenic working farm in the hills around Malcesine, like Agriturismo Corte Campagnola or Le Vignole.
- Hotels – Upscale modern hotels like Palace Hotel Malcesine and Hotel Olivi Thermae & Natural Spa add luxury touches.
With its pretty setting, Medieval charm and central lakeside location, Malcesine offers varied lodging from hotels in the heart of town to rural farm resorts up the hillsides.
Bardolino – Vineyard-filled town with boutique hotels, peaceful B&Bs, and family-friendly campgrounds and rental units near the water.
Here are some top lodging options in Bardolino on Lake Garda:
- Hotels – Mid-range hotels located in town or along the lakefront, like Hotel Corte Torcolo, Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa, and Hotel Bi Beach. Offer nice amenities.
- Bed & Breakfasts – Charming B&Bs like La Loggia Del Cigno, Villa Marchini, and Al Tolcin provide cozy rooms and warm Italian hospitality.
- Holiday Rentals – Numerous apartments and vacation homes to rent throughout town for self-catering, some with lake views and small gardens.
- Campgrounds – Affordable camping grounds on the lake welcome both tents and campers, like Campeggio Europa Silvella and Camping Livorno.
- Agriturismo Farms – Rustic farm resorts set among vineyards and olive groves bring you close to nature. Try Agriturismo Ca Ettore.
- Country Hotels – Elegant country estates like Villa Cordevigo and Villa Calicanto located in the nearby hills offer lavish escapes.
With its fishing-village charm, vine-filled hillsides and lake access, Bardolino’s lodging options range from cozy B&Bs to upscale country resorts ideal for relaxing.
With its natural beauty and charming towns, you really can’t go wrong when choosing where to stay at Lake Garda. Consider the location, views, amenities and budget to find the perfect fit.
Häufig gestellte Fragen (FAQ)
- What are the best areas where to stay at Lake Garda?
- Lake Garda offers several picturesque towns and villages that cater to different preferences. Some popular areas include Sirmione, Riva del Garda, Malcesine, Bardolino, and Limone sul Garda.
- Which Lake Garda town is ideal for a romantic getaway?
- Sirmione is often considered one of the most romantic towns on Lake Garda, with its stunning castle, thermal baths, and charming streets perfect for couples.
- What is the best place to stay for water sports enthusiasts?
- Riva del Garda is a paradise for water sports lovers, offering opportunities for sailing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, and kayaking.
- Are there any family-friendly areas around Lake Garda?
- Yes, Bardolino and Desenzano del Garda are great options for families. They have beautiful beaches, parks, and a variety of activities suitable for all ages.
- Which Lake Garda town provides a vibrant nightlife scene?
- Desenzano del Garda is known for its vibrant nightlife, with numerous bars, clubs, and restaurants along the lakefront.
- What are some budget-friendly best places to stay at Lake Garda?
- Limone sul Garda and Malcesine offer more budget-friendly accommodation options compared to some of the more upscale towns.
- Which town offers the places where to stay at Lake Garda with views from hotels?
- Many towns around Lake Garda offer stunning lake views, but Malcesine, with its scenic location at the foot of Monte Baldo, is particularly renowned for its panoramic vistas.
- What is the most convenient way to explore different towns around Lake Garda?
- A ferry ride on Lake Garda is a convenient and enjoyable way to explore multiple towns, as it offers beautiful views of the lake and its surroundings.
- Which town is known for its historical charm and cultural attractions?
- Lazise is a charming town with a rich history, well-preserved medieval walls, and beautiful churches, making it a great choice for history enthusiasts.
- Are there any luxury resorts available to stay on Lake Garda?
- Yes, you can find luxurious resorts and hotels in various towns, with places where to stay at Lake Garda like Gardone Riviera and Gargnano offering upscale accommodation options. Our advise as experts for the Best Places to Stay at Lake Garda