How Far is Sirmione from Peschiera del Garda?
Distance and transportation options between Peschiera del Garda and Sirmione: How to get to sirmione from peschiera del garda. Let’s see all options from cheapest and fastest ways.
Journeying Between Peschiera del Garda and Sirmione on Lake Garda
Peschiera del Garda and Sirmione are two popular towns located on opposite ends of Italy’s famous Lake Garda. Peschiera sits near the southeast corner of the lake, while the scenic Sirmione peninsula juts out from the southern shores. Many visitors naturally wonder – how far apart are Peschiera and Sirmione? Luckily, excellent transportation links make traversing between these two historic Lake Garda destinations convenient and scenic.
What is the Distance Between Peschiera del Garda and Sirmione?
These 2 turistic destinations are located approximately 10 kilometers (6 miles) apart in a direct line across the southeast arm of Lake Garda. By road around the lake’s perimeter, the driving distance spans approximately 26 kilometers (16 miles).
The short distance makes accessing both Peschiera and Sirmione easy on a Lake Garda holiday. Visitors can even stay in one town and see the sights of the other in a quick day trip. So proximity needn’t limit including these two charming towns in your Italian itinerary. Nee to know how to get to sirmione from peschiera del garda?
Read about Verona Airport Car Hire
How Long Does it Take to Travel Between Peschiera and Sirmione?
Several fast and affordable transportation options connect Peschiera del Garda and Sirmione in 20 minutes to under an hour:
- Car around the lake – 30-40 minutes depending on traffic
- Train – 35 minutes with a quick ferry transfer
- Public bus – 35-50 minutes depending on route
- Ferry – 25 minutes direct crossing
The quickest and most scenic way is via the car ferry that crosses the lake directly between the two towns in just 25 minutes. Other options involve going around the lake or combining train and bus links. But all provide relatively rapid passage considering the enjoyable sights along the way.
Is There a Ferry From Peschiera to Sirmione?
Yes, the most popular and fastest connection between Peschiera del Garda and Sirmione is the direct ferry across the lake. Operated by Navigarda, the ferry crosses in 25 minutes from Peschiera’s harbor just outside the historic center to Sirmione’s harbor located near its iconic Scaliger Castle.
Ferries run approximately every 45 minutes from early morning to evening. One-way tickets cost around €5 per person. Bringing a bicycle or car costs extra. The open upper deck provides great lake views during the quick crossing between these two historic towns.
What is the Distance from Peschiera del Garda to Sirmione by Road?
Driving around the perimeter of Lake Garda between these two towns covers a distance of about 26 kilometers or 16 miles. This scenic drive takes 30-40 minutes depending on traffic.
After leaving Peschiera, the route heads south along the lake’s eastern shore on SS11 passing lush olive groves. Dramatic views of the lake accompany you throughout the drive around its southern tip to Sirmione. The hilltop Rocca Scaligera fortress comes into view signaling your arrival into beautiful Sirmione.
Which Train Station is Best for Visiting Sirmione from Peschiera?
Peschiera del Garda has the closest train station for reaching Sirmione by rail at just 4 km away. Peschiera’s station sits on the main Milan-Venice line and has frequent trains from Verona (15 min) and Brescia (30 min). From Peschiera station, take the 25-minute ferry across to Sirmione’s harbor.
The station at Desenzano del Garda also provides rail access to Sirmione just 8 km away. Fast trains reach Desenzano from Milan and Verona in under an hour. Then hop on the regular Sirmione-Desenzano bus or take a taxi.
How to Get from Peschiera del Garda Station to Sirmione by Bus?
Public buses connect Peschiera del Garda’s train station to Sirmione in a comfortable 35-50 minute trip. From Peschiera station, take the ATB bus towards Salionze. After 20 minutes, transfer at Colombare di Sirmione to the Sirmione-bound bus operated by Triton for the final 15-30 minute leg based on route.
Buses have frequent weekday departures and cost just a few euros each way. Tickets can be purchased from shops, at the station, or on board. This bus combination coordinates with train schedules for an easy car-free trip.
Is There a Direct Train from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda?
Unfortunately there is no direct train connection between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda. The nearest train station at Sirmione only serves the Verona-Mantua regional route, not the Milan-Venice main line passing through Peschiera.
Visitors can reach Peschiera from Sirmione by first taking the 25-minute ferry across to Peschiera’s harbor. From there, Peschiera’s train station is just 4 km away and accessible via the public bus to the historic center or a short taxi ride. It takes a multi-step process, but connections are frequent and fast.
What are the Best Stops and Sights between Sirmione and Peschiera?
The most scenic route traveling between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda is undoubtedly the ferry crossing Lake Garda. However, the drive around the lake also affords wonderful glimpses of towns, olive groves, vineyards, and colorful harbors along the way.
Must-see stops include:
- Ancient Roman ruins at the Grotte di Catullo in Sirmione
- The striking 13th century Scaliger Castle in Sirmione guarding the harbor
- Pretty Lazise village with its medieval fortifications and lakeside promenade
- Bucolic olive groves blanketing the hillsides
- The historic fortress and bridges of Peschiera del Garda
Read here 15 Things You Must Do in Sirmione
Don’t rush the journey – take time to soak up charming sights between Sirmione and Peschiera. Lake Garda reveals its beauty both during the travels and the destinations. With convenient transport links, these two historic towns situated just across the shimmering lake complement each other perfectly on any Italian itinerary.
FAQs -How Far is Sirmione from Peschiera del Garda
- What is the distance between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- The distance between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda is approximately 6 kilometers (about 3.7 miles).
- How far is it from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda?
- It’s about a 15-minute drive or a 30-minute bike ride between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda.
- Can I walk from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda?
- Yes, you can walk, but it’s a relatively long walk of approximately 2 hours along the scenic lakeside path.
- Is there a train connection between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- Yes, there’s a regional train that connects Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda, and the journey takes around 10 minutes.
- How long does it take to drive from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda?
- It typically takes about 15 minutes to drive from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda by car.
- What is the quickest route from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda?
- The quickest route is usually via the SP11 road, which runs along the eastern shore of Lake Garda.
- Are there any tolls on the road between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- No, there are no tolls on this route.
- How much is a taxi from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda?
- Taxi fares may vary, but it’s typically around €20-€30 for this journey.
- Is there a ferry service between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- No, there is no direct ferry service between these two locations.
- Are there any public buses connecting Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- Yes, there are local bus services that connect Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda. The journey takes approximately 20 minutes.
- What are the GPS coordinates for Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- Sirmione: 45.4869° N latitude, 10.6112° E longitude
- Peschiera del Garda: 45.4386° N latitude, 10.6969° E longitude
- Can I rent a bicycle to travel between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- Yes, you can rent bicycles in Sirmione and enjoy a scenic ride to Peschiera del Garda along the lakefront.
- Are there any scenic routes to explore between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- The lakeside road offers stunning views of Lake Garda, making it a scenic route for drivers and cyclists.
- Is it possible to swim from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda in Lake Garda?
- While Lake Garda is swimmable, it’s not recommended to swim such a long distance. It’s best to use transportation.
- What are some nearby attractions along the way from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda?
- You can explore the Scaliger Castle in Sirmione and the historic center of Peschiera del Garda.
- Are there any traffic restrictions or closures that might affect the journey?
- Check local traffic updates for any temporary closures or restrictions, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- How does the distance between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda change during different seasons?
- The distance remains the same year-round; however, traffic and travel times may vary during peak tourist seasons.
- Is it safe to travel at night between Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda?
- Traveling at night is generally safe, but it’s always a good idea to exercise caution and use proper lighting if walking or biking.
- Can I purchase tickets for transportation between these two places online in advance?
- Yes, you can buy train or bus tickets online in advance for added convenience.
- Are there any historical or cultural sites to visit in Sirmione or Peschiera del Garda during the trip?
- Yes, Sirmione has historical sites like the Grottoes of Catullus, and Peschiera del Garda has the Fortezza di Peschiera, which are worth exploring during your visit.
- How Far is Sirmione from Peschiera del Garda?
- What is the Distance Between Peschiera del Garda and Sirmione?
- How Long Does it Take to Travel Between Peschiera and Sirmione?
- Is There a Ferry From Peschiera to Sirmione?
- What is the Distance from Peschiera del Garda to Sirmione by Road?
- Which Train Station is Best for Visiting Sirmione from Peschiera?
- How to Get from Peschiera del Garda Station to Sirmione by Bus?
- Is There a Direct Train from Sirmione to Peschiera del Garda?
- What are the Best Stops and Sights between Sirmione and Peschiera?